Tips on how to deal with certificates created by our Windows certificate server.
Our certificate server issues certificates in DER a binary format. However, it’s common for unix software to deal with certificates in PEM a base-64 version of DER.
PEM certs are great if you want to copy and past a certificate in a web form, etc.
- To convert a certificate from PEM to DER:
- x509 –in input.crt –inform PEM –out output.crt –outform DER
- To convert a certificate from DER to PEM:
- x509 –in input.crt –inform DER –out output.crt –outform PEM
- To convert a key from PEM to DER:
- rsa –in input.key –inform PEM –out output.key –outform DER
- To convert a key from DER to PEM:
- rsa –in input.key –inform DER –out output.key –outform PEM